The passport agency in Illinois provides passport expedite services for people who plan for international travel within 2 weeks or require a foreign visa within 4 weeks. This pages provides the requirements for this service. Make sure you call ahead of time to setup an appointment with one of the agents at this location.
How to apply at the Chicago Passport Agency
In order to apply at this passport location you must be traveling internationally within 2 weeks or you need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks. You will be required to show proof of international travel. This can include your flight itinerary, hotel reservations, international car insurance or cruise tickets. You will need to pay the $60 expedite fee on top of the regular application fee.
Make an appointment
It is required to make an appointment to apply at the Chicago Passport Agency. It is also important that you write down your appointment confirmation number. You can make your appointment online using their Passport Agency Appointment System
. Or if you prefer, you can call their automated appointment system at 877-487-2778 or call 888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY).
Make sure you collect all of your application information. This includes your appointment confirmation number, proof of international travel, all completed forms and supporting documents, one passport photo, your application fee and the expedite fee. They will accept all major credit cards, cash, checks, debit or check cards (But no ATM cards), bank draft or money orders. If you do not know what all supporting documents you need, we recommend you call this passport agency and ask them. Below are the steps you need to follow when you arrive for your appointment. Please note, they may not be able to see you at the exact time of your appointment.
Chicago Passport Agency Arrival Instructions
- They suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. You must show valid government ID to enter the building. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed.
- Take the elevator to the 9th floor.
- Check in at the Information Window. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until they call your number.
- When they call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
You can also come into this location to correct your passport information due to printing errors. No appointment is needed for this and no fees will be charged.